Be a Cybersecurity Champion!
Welcome to our online training about how to stay safer online and react to cybersecurity threats. You will understand the tactics used by cybercriminals and learn what to do when encountering something suspicious. Live and online events with campus cybersecurity and privacy experts are scheduled, too.
You can earn points and prizes by completing training quizzes and participating in discussions and events.
Click here to join (Illinois Login Required)
This program is free and recommended for all students at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. This training is ungraded and participants will not earn course credit. You can leave this optional training at any time.
Modules and Schedule
Starting September 12, 2022, we'll be sharing new materials every week. Here are the topics we'll be covering.
- September 12: Phishing and other social engineering tactics
- September 26: Using strong passwords and multi-factor authentication
- October 10: Protecting your privacy on social media
- October 24: Keeping your computer, phone, and other devices secure
- November 7: Cybersecurity Careers
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.